You’ve heard by now
about my and Audrey’s new year’s resolution: I’m declaring this Olympic year as
the year I learn to properly cook. It’s my own athletic training, so to speak.
Don’t get me wrong:
I’m not a complete absentee in the kitchen, but to say my reportoire is narrow
is an understatement – there are only so many ways in which chicken fillets can
excite the palette. So I’m expanding my food horizons, and like Audrey am setting
myself the task of cooking my way through Jennifer Joyce’s Meals In Heels.
(The before picture - an artist's impression.)
(The before picture - an artist's impression.)
It’s the perfect
recipe book for women like us: we’re busy, love eating good food, enjoy hosting
but lack the time, confidence (and sometimes the will) to get creative in the
kitchen. Joyce’s book explains how best to prepare ahead so that, come the evening
of your dinner party, you can be sipping on cocktails with your guests instead
of slaving over a hot stove.
The first 3-courser on
my list is from Joyce’s Winter Menu. To start, Artichoke, pine nut and parmesan
crostini; Rosemary and olive lamb stew for the main; and Tirimasu teacups to
finish things off. I’m cooking for four and the ingredients list is the length
of a novel.
Stay tuned to read how it
turns out…
Janine xx

No comments:
Post a Comment