Sunday, 22 January 2012

Posh Shepherd Pie is sadly off the menu....

Ok, d-day is here and I have a day off, so plenty of time to prep get the remaining ingredients and deliver my posh shepherds pie to perfection. I'm even going to do a dessert. I have no idea which one yet but will work that out later.

Before I do I am off got lunch with the lovely Kathryn and Meegs....well it is my day off, I will have loads of time later to buy the rest of the ingredients and start this  feast...I hope!

I have failed at the first hurdle. Lunch was obviously lovely and Meegs little boy is so gorgeous, so gorgeous in fact that this turned into a very long lunch. We didn't leave until 3.30pm, and after I had been convinced to have 'just one drink' with Kathryn, Posh Shepherds Pie was well and truly off the menu.....

Now, this is classic Audrey ( a habit I am trying to break). When faced with the choice of going home and slaving over a hot stove versus having a few drinks, booze always wins. This time was no different, but thanks to Kathryn I had a plan. I would text Kim to tell her I was running late, giving me enough time to have a cheeky Martini and buy a few steaks from Waitrose, a great bottle of red and ingredients for Eton's mess for dessert. Perfect!!

It worked a treat....


Kim was impressed with the meal, even Lee who came late from work commented on how good the steak was...Success all round. Just goes to show when you buy quality ingredients you don't actually have to work that hard - and I didn't.

As a complete aside, as someone who thought Waitrose was the grocery store for the wealthy I was pleasantly surprised, the prices were not too different from Sainsbury's but the service was much better. Take note Sainsbury's!

But no Shepherds Pie to speak of....ooops! A recipe for another day?

Audrey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment